During this one day combined theoretical and practical workshop, we will explore the theory of Cupping and Gua Sha therapy. This course is suitable for those with a background in bodywork who are looking to expand their tool kit to benefit their clients.
We will explore
- An understanding of the physiological effects on the body from an Eastern and Western medical perspective
- Common indications and regions to be treated
- Common cautions and contraindications including considerations of consent and remnant markings from treatment
- Application techniques
- Aspects of dosage
- Chinese liniments
- Demonstration of the application of Gua Sha and glass fire cupping (both fixed and sliding).
- Space for supervised practice to calibrate pressure and technique
- Time for questions and answers surrounding this practice and its integration into your treatment toolkit
This course is eligible for 6 CPD Hours
In 2024 there will be a few options to participate in the practical workshops
- A full-day session will be offered on 24th March 2024 at China Books in Melbourne.
- A full-day session will be offered on 20th April 2024 at the Senior Citizens Centre in Wagga Wagga, NSW.
The college is also working in collaboration with the Australian Traditional Medicine Society to delivery this workshop around the country. Please visit their respective web pages for more information
Cost $275 including GST