Themes and Topics
This seminar is intended as an introduction to the 250-year-old methods of Shonishin.
Treatment of specific conditions such as hyperactivity, bedwetting, night terrors, weak constitutions, asthma, fever, immunization side-effects, ear infections, contusions, insect bites, eczema and neuromotor-related problems will be discussed and demonstrated.
As the workshops will involve as much hands-on practice as possible, the participants are required to have the following supplies:
- Gold grade moxa, incense sticks, lighter and moxa ring
- Semi-pure grade moxa
- Stainless steel press spheres
- Shonishin tools that will be available for purchase at the seminar
There will also be a demonstration of many other non-insertion tools that are possible for more advanced treatment strategies.
Shonishin or “Children Needle” Therapy is a unique Japanese form of pediatric acupuncture. It is applicable to children of all ages from newborns to toddlers and up. The approach primarily emphasizes non-inserted treatment methods to very delicate needle techniques.
The seminar will cover:
- Shonishin Instruments
- Japanese Pediatric Theory
- Determining primary pattern
- The General Whole Body Treatment
- Hyodo’s needling protocol
- Press Spheres
- Japanese Moxabustion protocols of Irie and Shiroda
- Dr Manaka’s treatment strategies
- Home recommendations
What You Can Expect To Learn
- To be able to understand how Paediatric physiology is different from adults.
- An introduction to Shonishin Principles and tools.
- Shonishin precautions, contraindications and how to treat a variety of common childhood illnesses.
- You will considerably improve your diagnostic and assessment skills of children’s illnesses.
- You will also develop a greater sense of qi sensitivity through applying new techniques with non-insertive painless tools.
- You will learn a thorough East Asian Medical model that will allow you to give treatments beyond symptomatic relief.
|Early Bird *
12-13th November, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
$100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place.
The deposit of $100 is non-refundable.
Balance refundable if cancellation is given 14 days before workshop commencement.
The Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans St, Brunswick VIC
Shiatsu practitioner, student or bodyworker
Should you have any questions about this workshop please contact the college directly.